Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

         My Entrepreneurship story is going to be explained through a past memory and idea I had in Middle School. We were in a class called "Futures" which talked about how technology is developing and how it will change our lives when we become adults. One of the projects we had to complete was a concept project where we designed a future technological product that could impact society. I came up with an idea that our desks had giant computer touch screens, where we can use styluses to write on worksheets, electronic lined paper for essays writing, and taking exams. They would also have built in keyboards so we could type when the teacher asked us to (back when we rarely typed papers). Using this student desk touchscreen, there would be a big red button in the corner of the screen where when the student is done with their work, they would press it and their assignment would go directly to the teacher to grade. When I presented this idea, my teacher loved it,saying that it would be great for her to not have hundreds of physical papers and tests to grade. I still believe that technology can really influence the way we teach our future generations.
        I have enrolled in this class so that I can fully understand what Entrepreneurship means, and also understand what my mindset should be when I go into the Management and Business fields. Entrepreneurs are fearless business people, taking risks and discovering themselves with every decision they make. I believe having a mindset like this could help anyone going into any field, and I am excited to be taking this course to learn this way of thinking.



-Dave

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome and interesting story! Seems as though you already have entrepreneurial characteristics because you had an innovative and creative mind even at a young age. Additionally, that class sounds like it was probably quite enjoyable and definitely useful for students. It's mind blowing how much technology has advanced in such a short period of time...Look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome idea. This technology could be just around the corner for future generations. Curious, are you going to pursue a career in technology? If so, I think you are on to something. The technology industry continues to grow faster than I could of ever imagined. Something like this that could allow kids to have endless information at their fingertips is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that entrepreneurs take risks and discover themselves with every decision they make. But I don't think they're fearless...actually sometimes I think it's the fear or rather the thrill of the risk that drives some entrepreneurs to their greatest ideas.

    That computer desk concept is interesting--if there could be a cost-effective way to implement that in small classrooms (imagine the cost of implementing that in a 200+ seating lecture hall...yikes) that could be what we're looking at in the future.

    ReplyDelete