1) This semester I attempted to practice as hard as I could to qualify for the state golf tournaments. I decided that I needed to stop seeing a golf instructor, and work on my golf swing on my own. At first, it worked very well, as I was able to qualify for the first two tournaments I entered. However, due to the fact that I wasn't taking care of my body, and I was swinging incorrectly, I ended up hurting my back, causing me to miss out on the remainder of the season. I am still recovering as I am writing this, and I can't wait to get back to swinging the club again!
2) I learned that I have a great self motivation skill when I want something really bad, however a little guidance can really help me in the long run and stop me if I'm making mistakes.
3) I believe failure is very humbling. One moment you could be on top of the world, the next you can be down in the dirt. It teaches you more life lessons than any type of success could give you. The most successful people in this world use failure as a tool to move ahead and let it open new doors in their future. When I get back to hiting golf balls, I will have learned a lot more about my game and physical ability. This past year I've had some pretty big failures, ones that I expected not to happen. I feel like I handle failure a lot better than most, in that Ive already been through a lot in my childhood and realize that the clouds will clear eventually if you keep blowing them away. I feel as if I have always been about taking risks throughout my life, and this class definitely validated that.

No comments:
Post a Comment