Friday, May 13, 2016

Bug List

  1. People on the interstate go far above the speed limit than any other highway or street.
    1. There aren't as many turns and people feel they can get away with going faster.
  2. Florida requires us to pay for summer classes "out of pocket" with no Bright Futures.
    1. May teach students the value of an education, though scholarships are well earned. 
  3. 2 Liter Coke Bottles are sometimes the same price as Cokes from a vending machine.
    1. This is a good marketing tactic, showing that Coke can be bought in different shapes and sizes for different prices.
  4. It sometimes takes way too long for a new season of my favorite show to come on Netflix.
    1. Creating suspense and impatience makes the customer want to watch Netflix more.
  5. I tend to buy more music on albums and CD's whereas everyone else seems to download them illegally.
    1. People obviously want to save money, but how aren't music producers concerned about losing money?
  6. For some reason, no matter what, I always seem to misplace the TV remote.
    1. I usually tend to grab the TV remote without thinking about it, sometimes putting it in places like THE FREEZER. I have no explanation for this.
  7. For some reason, no matter what, I always seem to misplace my keys.
    1. From number 6 and 7, I now realize I am simply bad at keeping up with these two items.
  8. It bugs me when people don't appreciate well made movies.
    1. Working at a movie theater for 3 years has allowed me to move past certain features of a movie that some people may not find appealing. 
  9. It bugs me when people waste a lot of their day by sleeping in until past noon rather than making the most of the day.
    1. Not saying that it is not okay to do this sometimes, but don't make it a habit. The reasoning for making it a habit to sleep past noon is simply because it may be hard for someone to get themselves out of that cozy, warm, soft mattress into the now 10,000 degree weather.
  10. The Wifi in my dorm room specifically was the only one that didn't receive Wifi last year.
    1. I was simply to far away from the router, which was very annoying considering my last Data and Cell Phone bill.
  11. People that park directly in the middle of two parking spaces, or are too close for anyone to squeeze in between two cars is frustrating especially on campus. 
    1. People are probably just in a rush and they don't realize what they have done. 
  12. Studying in the basement floor in the Marston Library makes no sense to me, as it is way to loud.
    1. Ive gone more times to the basement floor of the library to socialize than to study, which is probably what most everyone does anyway. If most people share my thought process of this floor then that is probably the reason. 
  13. Golf announcers frequently criticize professional golfers for bad swings and decisions, not knowing the other factors that may influence a round of golf.
    1. This is simply their job, though they do cross the line too much, as professional golfers have stated in interviews. 
  14. Wearing sunglasses inside, or when its not even bright outside.
    1. Sunglasses may be stylish to some, and they prefer to wear them all of the time.
  15. When people make it a habit to be late or not on time to anything.
    1. Ive asked one of my friends who is always late, and he says that he feels like being late has never become a big deal, though it feels that way to me. I guess people do not feel rushed to be on time, or they don't feel that it is important. 
  16. Clothes tags that are really prominent in clothing, frequently sticking out and causing annoyances.
    1. Tags are important to disclose information about the product, some companies may just not have adopted a sleeker design for the tag. 
  17. People that ride your bumper expecting that it will make you go faster.
    1. People may be having a bad day and may not have patience for slower driving, or they may be in a rush to get somewhere.
  18. On the interstate, people that only drive in the "passing lane" and are going far slower than everyone else, and then don't move over to the right to let you pass them. 
    1. People may be distracted and are not paying attention to how fast they are going, or their surroundings.
  19. Couples that show far too much PDA.
    1. Coupes may be so enamored with each other that they forget to "get a room". This is typical in the "honeymoon" stage of the relationship.
  20. Places that don't recycle, or that do recycle but they don't enforce it. I good example would be my apartment complex, which has recycle cans outside next to all the trash cans. People often throw their trash in these recycle cans.
    1. There are two reasons. Either people are too lazy to put their trash in an already full trash can, or find another trash can to throw away their waste, or at night people cannot tell the difference between the cans because they are similar dark color. 

Reflection

       I actually found it more difficult to think of the first few "bugs" of my life than the middle to last points. Once a began thinking about my pet peeves, I was able to go throughout the day and observe some of the things that annoyed me. Though I will admit, the last two "bugs" were probably the most challenging to think of. It was very interesting to figure out what bugged me, and how I was able to instantly think of a reason to justify that annoyance from another point of view. This exercise allows us to be far less one dimensional, and take into account other peoples perspectives.

-Dave

3 comments:

  1. Dave, I found your bug list to be extremely easy to relate to and share a lot of the same bugs! I found myself laughing at a few of them, as your responses for "why" the bug exists are either very blunt and practical or creative and humorous. Number sixteen regarding clothes tags sounds like a great opportunity for innovation, I would keep that "bug" handy! Maybe one day when you make millions off of resolving the clothing tag issue you will remember this endearing and supportive blog comment and give me a shout out in the media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dave,

    Great job on this assignment! As I was reading through you bug list I couldn't agree anymore with your list; As Kenzle said above I truly could relate to everything on your list. Some of the 'bugs' listed above I didn't even think about but are very true. I also agree with you in that it was difficult to come up with all 20 'bugs'. I know I had a hard time coming up with the first and last few too. The 'bug' about the TV remote I completely understand, one time I found mine in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, your list is very similar to mine. First of all, like you, I do not like when people go very fast on the interstate as well. People think someitmes they are above the law and it comes off as selfish because they are putting people around them at risk. The coke bottles would bug me as well. If I saw that happen I would feel as if they are taking advantage of people and ripping them off. I completely understand where you are coming from!I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete