1) The Pitch: https://youtu.be/xbNH3YqcILk
2) My last video didn't get much feedback. I made sure that I didn't write anything down, and that I spoke from the heart to show my passion for junior golf. I know that I should have a template or some broad ideas on a notecard to prepare myself for an elevator pitch, but in this video I wanted to see how I would do in the moment with not much preparation. In future videos I will organize my ideas first and then attempt a speech to see with method worked better.
3) In the first video, It took many attempts to get the elevator pitch "perfect". In this video, I attempted to do my speech in as little attempts as possible to make it feel more real and on the spot.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDavid,
ReplyDeleteGood stuff. You painted a clear picture for what you were going to do, for who, and how. Overall this was an improvement from your first pitch, but one thing that I think you executed better on your first pitch was your tone. You were not monotone in this second pitch but you seemed less excited to me. GET MAD! Tell them you will have 3,000 kids signed up for Junior PGA by this time next year and they are going to be sad if they don't join in now! haha you get the point but overall great pitch and glad I could watch it.
David,
ReplyDeleteI can feel your passion for golf and more importantly the future of golf. Like Tim mentioned above your tone was a little monotone this time around. If you can bring that bright and dynamic tone to this pitch it would make it twenty times better. I have thought of two recommendations for you to think about for your third pitch. One is to tape your pitch in a better location maybe your dining room, a room in a library, or even on a golf course. My second recommendation is to wear a watch. I think a polo is enough for what your topic is and by wearing a watch would make it more professional.