1: You
I am David McCaskill, and I am very passionate about the aspects of my career field and confident in my learning ability and work ethic. Sports have been my life long passion ever since I could remember, and I have competed in a few sports, mainly Swimming and Golf. Golf is the sport that swept me off my feet six years ago, and ever since then I have been keen in making sure I get on path to get my into the golf world. I would like to eventually work on the PGA tour, or assist in bringing up the future stars of our game by either working with junior golfers or becoming a golf coach. Junior golfers, including at the middle school and high school levels are the basis for growing the game. I experienced this in high school, as many of my friends quit the game for being too hard, or feeling like they didn't have a chance in the industry. I would like to change that going forward.
2: What are you offering to customers
I am offering a unique golfing experience to junior golfers. One that bring kids up believe that golf can actually be fun for the younger kids, and making it competitive for the older ones. This golf program will help junior golf grow, and also keep kids in the game longer to develop their skills, or aspire to work in the golf industry. I would make sure that each junior golfer is tended to, and that nobody gets overlooked. I would also like to give these golfers addition options other than playing competitively, such as volunteering and internships to get into the industry.
3: Who are you offering this to
I am offering this to anyone and everyone. Anyone whose family wants to give golf a try, or a family that has known and played golf for generations. Everyone is welcomed to get their children involved in the game.
4: Why do they care?
The families who are already into golf want to find a completive environment for their children to polish their skills. Families will care because it is important for junior golfers to gain experience in tournaments if they would like to make it to the next level, which would be college golf. As far as the newer families, making golf fun is the most important aspect. Once kids get into the game, and are able to stick with it through my program, families will realize how much the game brings people together just as Football and Basketball do so well.
5: What are your core competencies?
I believe that I am offering a platform that no other golf tour can match. With the advantage of big hole golf for the younger kids, and a tournament schedule that mimics the PGA tour itself, golfers will be very interested in testing their skills. Also, being a junior golfer in the modern golf era, and also from experience working on previous golf tours, I know exactly what junior golfers want, and what they need to become successful. My enthusiasm for the game is what sets me apart more than most. I have experienced kids leaving the game, and I have also experienced my friends succeed in the industry in a variety of ways. This is the main difference between myself and others.
Evaluation: I feel like this concepts work together very well. I feel like this concept is different from other golf tours in a good way, while also retaining and enhancing the amount of fun junior golfers can have. If there are any weaknesses in this concept, it would be the advertisement for the older kids. Though have a PGA tour style tour may attract customers, it takes a while to build a strong field for junior golfers to compete in order to get ready for college golf. All in all this I feel like this concept would take time to develop, but once developed it gain being in serious results.
Feedback Memo
I received a few important feedback notes that made me slightly change my idea napkin. It was not enough feedback for me to change the entire thing all together, rather I added more to my original napkin with elaborated my main goal for this junior golf tour. I added more personal experiences to my napkin to give me more core competencies. I also made sure that I addressed the fact that this tour could take off really fast, and that no matter how successful or unsuccessful this program could be, no child or young adult will be overlooked, and each of them would be given options to go further in the industry.
This idea seems to be a good idea, especially for younger people who are into golf and want to learn new skills but still having fun while playing the game. How much will it cost to take this program and where will these programs be available at? If this program is cost prohibitive, I could see some parents being turned off by it.
ReplyDelete