1) I intend on staying with my Junior Golf Tour for decades to come. I believe that this business is not about selling to the highest bidder, but that I will have an influence on junior golf for the years to come. I would need to stay as long as possible to ensure that my program grows and reaches across the nation to the best junior golfers so that they can further their career.
2) As stated before, I believe I have a duty to grow the game. The easiest way to grow the game is to get more kids involved, and also keep them involved throughout their grade school career. I won't be able to grow the game in just a few years, and will need to stay in the program for decades to ensure the steady growth of my program and the game. I don't know what I would do if I let another person run the business I created.
3) I believe that my exit strategy definitely influences most decisions I've made on this particular venture. With my goal in growing the game the program is based upon, I would have dedicated my life to making sure this program is successful. Making sure that I am able to watch these young kids grow not only in height and age, but with their passion for the game would be something that would obviously take me more than a few years. With that, having a long career, retiring at a decent age, and running the program I created with help from many people over the years, this is an exit strategy I firmly stand behind in order to achieve my goals .

I think it is wonderful that you want to grow this sport. Making a positive influence for children is something that will help them as they grow become better people. Sports are an excellent way to teach failure, success, hard work, and team work! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteDavid, generally I'm all about selling out (not as bad as it seems) and then moving on to the next big thing. However with the ability to influence and make a big impact on what the sport becomes is something that I could see someone taking true value in. Just grow the Junior Golf Tour into a major brand. Sponsorships, clothing, etc., all while still doing what you want and being a major influence. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteDavid,
ReplyDeleteI could not agree with your exit strategy more. I can really sense your passion for golf and to inspire the youth to play. I truely believe golf is not pushed and incorporated in youth summer camps or school PE classes enough. Some may not even bring golf into the discussion. Go for it man, I want to see younger golf stars on the green in the future playing in masters tournaments and the Olympics. Good job and good luck!
Hey David,
ReplyDeleteI feel like the nature of your business alone justifies your exit strategy — as you mentioned, the program's goal isn't to gain a huge profit, but rather to spread the game of golf to younger generations and ensure its survival. Revenue will come through advertising, etc., but if golf is your passion, I don't see why you'd sell the company when you obviously love what you do. However, you may want to consider the potential cost of hiring more employees and renting more space at driving ranges as your venture spreads across the nation. But honestly, I think it's great that you want to stick with it!