1) Tenaciousness and Competency - At points, this class can seem really busy. But just push through and do all the projects. You'll find that it is very beneficial to you not only from a grade standpoint, but from a learning standpoint as well. I found this blog to be very different than what I am used to, in a good way. It requires a little more work, but it really lets you personalize your page, which reflects yourself as a person. Don't be afraid to talk to strangers, and push through some of the times where a project may not seem worth it.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude- I had a few times where I didn't do a project because I didn't feel like it. But it cost me points in the long run. Its really important that you do the projects week in and week out so you can get the most out of this class. Getting through some of these rough moments where I didn't feel like giving that little but of extra effort made it much easier to push through in other aspects of my life. These experiences were mostly due to the interview projects. At first it seems impossible, but you will definitely get the hang of it.
3) Three Tips
First- Don't feel like talking to strangers is awkward. Be confident and honest, and most of them will open up.
Second- Do all the extra credit! Take a moment to really review some of the lectures, and do the extra credit quizzes. These help you solidify your knowledge and gain you a few points along the way.
Third- Think with an open mind. Don't restrict yourself from coming up with an out of the box idea. This is a class for a reason. It's to test your limits to see what you are capable of.
David,
ReplyDeleteYour advice is great. I still have a hard time walking up to strangers and just talking to them. I always remind myself that the worse that could happen is they do not want to talk to me! It is nice that aspects of this class have helped you in your out of school life as well.
Hi David, I agree. I have definitely had times where I did not feel like doing an assignment. This class demands a lot of hard work and sometimes, especially during the summer, it's hard to work up the effort to do them. I think the advice for talking to strangers is really good, I definitely was afraid at first.
ReplyDeleteI can completely relate to not wanting to do an assignment. The interviews are awkward and trying to meet the time minimum for them is a bit difficult. I think your advice on talking to strangers is helpful. Plus, if this class is not the only class you have and you have a job this can be really time consuming.
ReplyDelete