Saturday, June 11, 2016

Reading Reflection No. 1 (Week 7)

Week 7 Reading Reflection

1: Steve Jobs
      What surprised me the most about Steve Jobs was that he was not a very good student, and that he experimented with a variety of drugs and diets. I also didn't know he was involved in the making of Pixar.
     I admire is sheer addiction to perfection. It always seems as if he wanted his products to be royalty in the tech world, and obviously it worked out for the best.
     I least admired how he didn't treat many people with respect, and often angered a lot of people by in narcissistic personality.
     Of course Jobs encounter many failures throughout his career, such as the failure of the Lisa and being fired from apple to start neXT.

2: Steve Jobs was one of the best public speakers in the entire world. Not only was he an incredible speaker, but he was great at getting people excited about the launch of a new product. He knew how to bring people together to one large event to announce products such as the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. He was funny on stage, he wore the same clothes, he frequently made fun of the competition , and he made Apple products seem like the luxury piece of technology the world always wanted. Not only did he speak the words that made these things seem appealing, he backed it up by offering a revolution product every few years with astounding results.

3: I wasn't quite sure what the book meant by "Working for $1 a year at some points". I wasn't sure if that was his salary or if it was some other monetary value. Either way, it didn't really matter what or how much he was getting paid. The only thing that mattered was that he was in control.

4: I would have asked him how long it took him to plan the iPhone from the drawing board to the launch. I would also ask him if he was working on future revolutionary products right now and when we would expect to see them.

5: I think Steve Jobs really didn't think his hard work was actually "hard work". Steve Jobs enjoyed so much what he did that it didn't matter who he hurt, or who he made angry. He wanted to change the world of technology so that our lives would be more simple. Of course he believes hard work is always a good way to motivate an entrepreneur, but he would most likely tell that person that the real key is to fully love what you do and what you create.

No comments:

Post a Comment