Friday, June 10, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1


1: You
     I am David McCaskill, and I am very passionate about the aspects of my career field and confident in my learning ability and work ethic. Sports have been my life long passion ever since I could remember, and I have competed in a few sports, mainly Swimming and Golf. Golf is the sport that swept me off my feet six years ago, and ever since then I have been keen in making sure I get on path to get my into the golf world. I would like to eventually work on the PGA tour, or assist in bringing up the future stars of our game by either working with junior golfers or becoming a golf coach.

2: What are you offering to customers
     I am offering a unique golfing experience to junior golfers. One that bring kids up believe that golf can actually be fun for the younger kids, and making it competitive for the older ones. This golf program will help junior golf grow, and also keep kids in the game longer to develop their skills, or aspire to work in the golf industry 

3: Who are you offering this to
    I am offering this to anyone and everyone. Anyone whose family wants to give golf a try, or a family that has known and played golf for generations. Everyone is welcomed to get their children involved in the game.

4: Why do they care?
    The families who are already into golf want to find a completive environment for their children to polish their skills. Families will care because it is important for junior golfers to gain experience in tournaments if they would like to make it to the next level, which would be college golf. As far as the newer families, making golf fun is the most important aspect. Right now they may not care, but after giving it a try, and seeing that golf can be fun way change their mind. 

5: What are your core competencies?
      I believe that I am offering a platform that no other golf tour can match. With the advantage of big hole golf for the younger kids, and a tournament schedule that mimics the PGA tour itself, golfers will be very interested in testing their skills. Also, being a junior golfer in the modern golf era, and also from experience working on previous golf tours, I know exactly what junior golfers want, and what they need to become successful. My enthusiasm for the game is what sets me apart more than most. 

Evaluation: I feel like this concepts work together very well. I feel like this concept is different from other golf tours in a good way, while also retaining and enhancing the amount of fun junior golfers can have. If there are any weaknesses in this concept, it would be the advertisement for the older kids. Though have a PGA tour style tour may attract customers, it takes a while to build a strong field for junior golfers to compete in order to get ready for college golf. All in all this I feel like this concept would take time to develop, but once developed it gain being in serious results. 
    


4 comments:

  1. Hey David,
    Great evaluation overall.You do have a unique concept here, and I'm sure many customers will appreciate that. Great job!
    ~Your TA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David !
    Thank you for introduce yourself and your business idea. I like your idea because demand of golf is increasing and it will help to success in the business. In the past, golf is not familiar sports because it is expensive and hard to play. However, now many people enjoy playing golf so narrowed your target customers to junior golfers. We should get rid of only kids play basketball, baseball, and football. Golf is friendship sports and improve the concentration. Hope you have success this business. Great job David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,

    I like your idea. I think golf is a sport that must be made more competitive to help engage the individuals playing it, especially at a young age. I believe that it is obviously harder for younger players due to golf courses being built for adults. Also I think money plays a big issue too. For me my parents were fine with spending the set fees for basketball and baseball but the costs associated with golfing, and lessons are much higher. Just something to think about going forward and even possibly an additional problem you can solve through your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plan seems well thought out and with golf, like any another sport, you need to practice it a lot from a young age to get the hang of it. Families of young kids would like this because they would know their child is being taught to standards that reflect what professional golfers are doing. If your idea takes off really fast then you may end up teaching too many students and would have to come up with a plan to downsize your number of students based on ability or how much time you have.

    ReplyDelete